Please note: Customers whose domain provider is Wix must email email@example.com before attempting to make any changes
If you have purchased a custom domain name with a third-party, you can connect it to your UENI website!
You’ll be happy to hear, we’ve made this process super easy so you can avoid a terrible tech headache and quickly get back to the important stuff – the running of your business!
1) To start with, you’ll need to head to your hub. You can do that here.
2) Look for ‘Connect a domain you already own’ and once found click ‘Connect’.
3) A popup will appear asking you to type in your domain name (e.g. antonio-cafe.co.uk)
4) Insert your domain name and then click ‘Connect’ to proceed to checkout.
5) You will be shown your Order summary, just click 'Subscribe' to finish connecting your domain.
6) Once you have completed the steps above, you will need to update your domain's nameservers.
Tech lesson: Nameservers are exactly what they sound like – the names of servers. They allow web hosts (like us) to manage domain names. If a domain name points to a specific nameserver, the internet demi-gods know which web host is managing that domain name. Alright, enough tech!
By clicking on the button How to setup you will be redirected to our Help desk page. Simply search for your domain provider and you will be given a step-by-step guide to connecting your nameservers.
7) Celebration time. Our whole team will have a mighty frolic for 7 days and 7 nights in honour of you. There will be pinatas and kazoos and painfully tight paper hats.
As mentioned, if you have questions or need help please email firstname.lastname@example.org.