If you already have a domain name before signing up to UENI, you can connect this custom domain name with your UENI website!
Please follow these steps:
1) Request use of your custom domain name with the UENI Support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your domain name and who you have purchased it from (domain registrar).
2) The UENI Support team will send you a link to pay for this service. There is a nominal charge of £6.99 (UK), $6.99 (USA), EUR 6.99 (Spain) for 12 months. This service renews annually at the same price.
3) Please update the nameservers for your domain. How to do this differs depending on which registrar you use. Please see below for instructions from GoDaddy and Namecheap. If your domain is registered with another registrar and you need help updating the nameservers, please email email@example.com and we will assist.
4) Once you have completed the steps above, our team will connect your custom domain to your website. This change should be live in 3 business days.
How to update nameservers - GoDaddy
If your domain name is registered with GoDaddy, use the following instructions to update your nameservers.
Login to your GoDaddy account
Go to the DNS Management page.
On the DNS Management page, under Nameservers, click Change.
Under Choose your nameserver type, select Custom.
Please add this nameserver:
How to update nameservers - Namecheap
If your domain name is registered with Namecheap, use the following instructions to update its nameservers:
Sign in to your Namecheap account.
Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click the Manage button next to your domain:
Find the Nameservers section and select Custom DNS to point your domain to UENI's nameservers.
Click on Custom DNS
- The nameservers to include are:
- Click on the green checkmark to save the changes
As mentioned, if you have questions or need help please email firstname.lastname@example.org.