Please note: Customers whose domain provider is Wix must email email@example.com before attempting to make any changes
You’ll be happy to hear, we’ve made this process super easy so you can avoid a terrible tech headache and quickly get back to the important stuff – the running of your business!
1) To start with, you’ll need to head to your hub. You can do that here.
2) Look for ‘Connect a third-party domain name’ and once found click ‘Learn More’.
3) Select your current provider.*
4) You’ll be taken to a section that will guide you through the process of updating your nameservers. (Don’t worry it is usually no more than 4 or 5 simple steps!)
Tech lesson: Nameservers are exactly what they sound like – the names of servers. They allow web hosts (like us) to manage domain names. If a domain name points to a specific nameserver, the internet demi-gods know which web host is managing that domain name. Alright, enough tech!
5) Once you’ve configured your nameservers, you’re can proceed to payment by clicking ‘Pay now’. You’re on the homestretch now!
6) A popup will ask for your current domain, and whether or not you have changed your nameservers. Don’t be naughty boys and girls – have those changes ready. You can’t proceed until you do.
7) Click ‘Confirm’ and proceed to checkout.
8) Once you have completed the steps above, our team will connect your custom domain to your website. This change should be live in 3 business days.
9) Celebration time. Our whole team will have a mighty frolic for 7 days and 7 nights in honour of you. There will be pinatas and kazoos and painfully tight paper hats.
If your domain is registered with another registrar and you need help updating the nameservers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist.